WeTreatFeet remains open to treat emergent, urgent, and emergencies. We advise all people with a foot or ankle concern to call us first before going to an emergency department or urgent care center.
WeTreatFeet is committed to maintaining availability during this crisis. We offer multiple ways to receive treatment during the viral outbreak.
At WeTreatFeet, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Given the current pandemic caused by coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking every precaution to help prevent the potential spread of this virus. With this in mind, our practices are offering the following guidelines:
Current Screening Criteria:
- Have you traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
All of our offices remain open for patient care. Patients with known risk factors are advised to consider converting upcoming office visits to telehealth visits. If you would like to explore this option, please call 410-363-4343
Risk factors for COVID-19 are currently defined as:
- Patients 60 years of age and above
- Patients with known cardiac and pulmonary conditions
- Patients with diabetes
- Patients with known autoimmune disease or who are on immunosuppressants
- Patients with upper respiratory infection symptoms, including, but not limited to:
- Shortness of Breath
We have updated policies to ensure patient safety. These include:
- Only patient allowed in the office. Friends, family members, or aides that accompany patients are asked to wait in their cars.
- Deep cleaning protocols are in place for every office. Each item in every exam room is properly cleaned between visits
- Our schedules have shifted to decrease wait times for visits and to ensure that people are not congregating in our waiting rooms. We require that all patients and staff are practicing social distancing as recommended by the CDC
- All staff, patients, and visitors are required to wear a facial covering at all times when in the office
- We are denying access to our office for all sales representative and marketers
- We officer telehealth services for all patient needs
- We have postponed all elective surgical procedures, but are still available for emergent and emergency procedures
Criterial for patients who have recovered from a COVID-19 infection
WeTreatFeet is committed to providing care to all patients in need of foot and ankle services. As the virus spreads throughout the community and our country, more and more people are likely to recover from this infection. As a result, people who were COVID-19 positive are likely to need care in the future. We have instituted the following guidelines based on CDC recommendations.
- Any patient who tested positive needs to have a negative test before coming to the office.
- If a negative test is not available, then a mandatory 14 days must have passed before you can be seen in any of our offices.
- Once you have a negative test, you will need to be symptom free (i.e. no fever, nausea, vomiting, muscle aches) WITHOUT THE USE OF ANY TYPE OF MEDICATION (Tylenol, Motrin, etc.) for 72 hours before entering the office.
- It is advised that patients self-quarantine for 7 days after a negative test result
If you are unsure of your status, or have any questions, please call our office at 410-36-34343 and our staff will be happy to assist you. We are all in this together. Stay well, stay safe, and stay home unless you need medical attention.